Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Power of Today

 
Today is the best day...woke to the pitter patter of rain and it hasn't stopped since.  I'm feeling quite blissed out at the moment, as I've JUST received a Reflexology treatment...Not much on the agenda other than practicing the bliss of staying present, groceries followed by dinner, quality time with my love....
 
I've been reading Dale Carnegie's "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living", as I tend to be a worrier..(yes! It's true!) Sometimes I can be so overwhelmed by a "day off" and my never-ending to do list - I fall victim to the classic "inactivity due to fear of failure"....I will save some of Carnegie's ways to conquer worry - for another post. I can tell you that I just LOVE when one book I read is totally on the same wavelength as another. In this case, Carnegie echos Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now, in that we tend to worry and feel anxiety when we are thinking of the very near (or very distant) future.   Remaining present and doing my best to do one thing at a time is a definitely a challenge but is all so rewarding. 
 
 AND if I am going to allow myself those moments of pure laziness, I must really revel in it, stay completely in the now, be there, enjoy it. No thoughts of "what needs to get done after this" ....simply "THIS moment, NOW. Today"  (my favourite day!)
 
This is the audio version PART ONE - if you are interested, simply get comfortable for 15 minutes and have a listen. I like to have this on in the background when I'm cleaning up or apartment, etc. If his words resonate with you, I highly recommend continuing on to part 2, etc...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment