Sunday 9 December 2012

Once in a Blue Moon...

 
Camping in Algonquin Park, Night one -
 too late to canoe to our final destination
our sacred hidden campsite along the side of the road
we set up I turned in early - in just a few hours you approached me,
 
Like a midsummer's night dream, you woke me
you took my hand you had something to show me
we tip-toed the path right down to the beach it was so close...
 

and there we stood in the middle of the night
so quiet except for one lonely bird chirping
for this blue moon was so bright, it was practically daylight
 
translucent lake we could see right to the bottom
 on the sand we danced so closely
Thank you for waking me I whispered
 
Until we meet again blue moon...
and do you remember what we sang ever so slowly?


I'll hold her close to me
So I can plainly see
her blue eyes shining
in your moonlight tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment