Wednesday 4 January 2012

Balance & Breath = HAPPINESS

After 10 glorious holi-days, I went back to school yesterday.
 I am studying to be a Massage Therapist and am 5 months away from graduation!
I am Excited!  And also Nervous....
I admit it doesn't take much before I feel overwhelmed when I think of all that there is to accomplish. But I am so close!
This will be one of my greatest accomplishments and the best part is:

I AM FOLLOWING MY BLISS
I AM TAKING THE STEPS NECESSARY TO LIVE THE LIFE I WANT TO LIVE
IT IS NOT EASY. BUT IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE!



This morning's "Power of Now" session (see previous post) reminded me to constantly 'check in with myself'. He asks you to look inside of yourself and ask:

"Am I feeling at ease in this moment?"
  
Nope. I was NOT feeling at ease in that moment, upon 'checking in' I noticed that it was difficult to take a full deep breath. An all too familiar feeling to be honest.

It's a lack of true presence which creates this "un-ease"
Eckhart Tolle explains that this unease comes from our mind being in the future or the past.

Why would I worry about things that haven't even happened yet?

Make the habit of observing the feelings inside of yourself, just as often as we observe what's going on around us.

It is not easy but I am working on making this a habit, as I've always been a bit of a 'fretter'.
For example in an hour I start my very first shift working at Sage. Am I worrying? Of course-hahaha-what if I screw up or no one likes me or what if the phone rings and I'm not sure how to help a client? Wow it sounds silly when I write it out like that..really what is the worst that can happen..le sigh! Precisely WHY I should stay in the NOW and tackle these issues when or IF they even come at all :)


Every day I will work on creating a balanced life.
My life at the moment consists of the following:

class from 8-1- Monday -Friday
Student Clinic Tuesday evening 6-9
receptionist 4-8 on Mon/Wed/Friday and 9-4 Saturday 
 studying studying studying

in between the above responsibilities I do my best to :

spend time with my love and loved ones
eat a balanced high protein vegetarian diet
keep our lil' home clean & tidy
Yoga practice & meditation 
building strength in general (I'm a tiny gal & massage takes alot out of ya!)
making appts to massage my friends to build my skills
study study study some more






No comments:

Post a Comment