Tuesday 6 November 2012

Memories

I came across an old photo today and got to thinking about that ol' saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" and thought I would start a regular post called "Memories" !


Circa 2009 - Laughter Circle
 
Tree Planting in Northern British Columbia.
Tree planting is done virtually camping and working in the middle of nowhere along logging roads.  We would work 4 days on and get one day off in the nearest town. This was one of those nights off. Our crew went to a park in town and decided to have a "laughing circle". (this was before I had ever heard of "laughter yoga" which is quite similar!)

One person begins "ha"
the next person "ha-ha" ...then "ha-ha-ha"..and so on!
Well let me tell you this, it doesn't take long before everyone is Howling with laughter. There's always that one person with the craziest laugh that just encourages everyone else. Your abs hurt from so much laughter, tears streaming! I can't remember how long this went on for but I do remember thinking how creepy it may have been for a passerby, hearing this ridiculous obnoxious laughter coming from the darkness at the local park.

Laughing is the best, I believe in those moments of laughter our bodies and mind release any tension they've been holding , and great healing can take place. xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment