Friday 29 March 2013

TattooSpiration


One of my favourite quotes of all time by Joseph Campbell.

Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls. 
 
I have been dreaming of a 'double foot tattoo' for years now...and I feel its going to happen in the next month or two: my first tattoo! And of course I want it to read "Follow Your Bliss" to remind me to do just that, with every step I take.

 Design-Spiration:


The words Follow Your Bliss will be spread across both feet yet hidden within the design...the message really only obvious when both my feet are together! ((kinda like one of those old Mad magazine fold-ins - remember those?))

Strongly inspired by henna design that I've decided on brown ink.
possibly a combination of brown and red.

I like how the design goes further up one leg than the other here!

Font-Spiration:
My faves?:  Sassafras & Ginger, Dollhouse

It's funny, all these years, planning and daydreaming while what seems like the whole world is expressing themselves with ink.  I sometimes have the thought that maybe I shouldn't get one as it is so rare to meet someone without a tattoo right?  But that would be for the wrong reasons as for me it is less about "being different" and more about personal self expression. 
Stayyy tuned! xoxo

1 comment: